- The Middle East Sucks
- Big, Salty Pretzels and Lent
- Right Place, Right Time: Doctor Cornel West
- If I Ever Actually Read a Blog Entitled "Ramblings," Shoot Me
- Former Enron Big Fish Skilling Wants Off Hook
- Bikinis and Heels: BEWARE!
- An Open Cover Letter to AIG
- Ken Burns Loses GM as Backer
- The Dobbsmeister Bows Out
- Portable Homeless Shelter-The "EDAR"
Category Archives: Festival
I love rock music. Raised on symphonic, classical and big band, my musical rebellion was fueled by rock. Like most of my generation, upon reaching my teens, I eschewed “serious” music for the sorcery of simpler composition; loud, amplified guitars, … Continue reading
The joy that is jazz improv captured here among stellar musicians. Much can be written about this but I’d rather simply listen. What a gift to command so fluently this expressive alternate form of communication! Continue reading
One of my favorite chicken-scratch/fusion funk/”southern-fried” (but not “southern”) confections of the late ’60s/early ’70s was Rhinoceros — a concocted “supergroup” conceived and assembled by management at Elektra Records — a label that among other distinctions, recorded at Jimi Hendrix‘s … Continue reading