rRatza Fraz. on Kent State University, May 4,… “Manifest Destiny”… on American Exceptionalism: Manif… Roy B Fan on ROY BUCHANAN – THE MESSI… online blogging jobs on Michael Jackson, The Media, De… blogging jobs online on If Women Are This Tough, Why A…
- Warren, Ohio: Police, The Secret Service and Nixon's Parade Route
- NEWS? We Don't Need No Stinkin' NEWS!
- I Want to Go to CUBA!!!
- Is Bigger Better?
- Dear Diary, What a Day It's Been.
- Commit for Change: What's Your Pledge?
- Screaming Headless Torsos: Vinnie
- Foreclosures Peak: This Old House Is Not a Home
- Murder, Lost Innocence and John Coltrane's "Alabama"
- Baaa Baaa Bachman: Minnesota's "Black Sheep"
Tag Archives: Eric Clapton
Former child prodigy Joe Bonomassa cut his teeth on blues/rock, playing Stevie Ray Vaughn licks by age 7. B.B. King heard him early and was bowled over. By the time he was 12, Bonomassa was opening B.B. King shows, subsequently touring with Buddy Guy, Foreigner, Robert Cray, Stephen Stills, Joe Cocker, Gregg Allman and in 2009 played a stunner of a show at London’s Royal Albert Hall with special guest Eric Clapton. Continue reading
Friday Night Concert Clip(s)- Jeff Beck: “Pork-Pie Hat/Brush w/the Blues, Charlie Mingus: “Good-Bye Pork-Pie Hat”
One of the best guitarists I’ve ever heard is Jeff Beck. So, what? That’s like saying Mohamed Ali was a braggart. But the more I listen to Jeff Beck as I get older, the more amazed I am at what he knew about the instrument and music in general when we were younger. Continue reading