rRatza Fraz. on Kent State University, May 4,… “Manifest Destiny”… on American Exceptionalism: Manif… Roy B Fan on ROY BUCHANAN – THE MESSI… online blogging jobs on Michael Jackson, The Media, De… blogging jobs online on If Women Are This Tough, Why A…
- Isolation: The Lady Upstairs
- Friday Night Concert Clip: Al Jarreau "Take Five"
- TAXES: Forget "Pay to Play". I Say, "Pay to Poo".
- Has HOPE "Jumped the Shark?"
- "What is Money?" By Mike Schaefer
- Democrats: You WON! Stop Cowering and Start Crowing
- "There's a Change in the Weather and There's a Change in Me": Mitch McConnell on Quick Decisions
- Medical Marijuana "Tax" in Oregon?
- WI GOPer Lives Outside District with Mistress (Says Wife)
- Friday Night Concert Clip:Teddy Pendergrass
Tag Archives: R&B
One of my favorite chicken-scratch/fusion funk/”southern-fried” (but not “southern”) confections of the late ’60s/early ’70s was Rhinoceros — a concocted “supergroup” conceived and assembled by management at Elektra Records — a label that among other distinctions, recorded at Jimi Hendrix‘s … Continue reading
In the late 70s, Teddy left the “Notes” to embark on a successful solo career, in which he morphed into a steamy, sex-charged love balladeer with wide appeal, including women of all ages. In 1981, he had a car crash that left him paralyzed. Many thought that he’d never perform again but a force of nature, Pendergrass proved them wrong, performing through the 90’s. Continue reading
A friend posted the embedded clip on Face Book. If you’re not familiar with Pavarotti’s later work, it included a series of annual charity concerts at which he sang with a vast array of artists encompassing diverse disciplines and musical … Continue reading